Mar 9, 2012

Cricket and Football

Eighth March was the day of NT twenty20 clash 2012 with my Team (GSM) battling out with CDMA. We have been playing Interdepartmental Cricket like this from the past 4 years, this year being separated from the NT Anniversary Sports Tournament. This day also marked the history of sports in Nepal for the inauguration of AFC Challenge Cup with the arrival of FIFA head Joseph Sepp Blatter and the first match of Nepal vs Palestine.
TU International Cricket Stadium

IT was playing against PSTN in the first match, giving a target of 148 with 4 wickets in hand to PSTN. Early wickets made PSTN slow in the first ten overs and seemed to meet the target in the later overs but went all out in the last ball when they needed a 6 to win.

After that match, it was our turn to meet CDMA, me and Prakshet were the opening batsman to start the game. With the dead slow pitch and easy playing with the ball, I was confident in playing a good game and scoring some worthy runs though I am lil unwell with the chronic Gastritis. But, it all went in vain when I was run out by Paras in just second over. Then Binod came and started to score heavily with boundaries. Prakshet soon got Leg before and Binaya Dai (Captain) joined Binod. Score were rising heavily with 83 runs till 10 overs, then Binaya dai was run out with some mis-understanding with (injured) Binod. Those Runs could not be scored without Hitter Upaj show, scoring 21 out of 16 balls. Binod also got bold out with just six runs left for half century. Our runs seemed to be settled but all our later batsman (Bikash Gupta, Shailendra, Roshan,Manish, Shiva) played well to score 150 all out with only Shiva not out.




With Gopal dai batting rigidly in the pitch scoring 50 not out, and other batsman(Brijesh dai, Mallick dai, Rajib dai) scoring along, CDMA won against us with 6 wickets in hand. Not to mention, our Ballers were equally important in getting CDMA the win, giving lot of extras. Nimish, Shiva, Binod(WC) were good enough to pitch the ball right. Binod was going lucky ( He said in the pitch "I am lucky today lets see how far we can go with this luck") taking two wickets but his luck failed and went towards CDMA side with Rajib dai hitting the first six of the tournament). I was calling Binaya dai time and again to let me ball, after watching those extras in a single over. At last I got the opportunity to ball to Gopal Dai batting with the 50 already, pitched it right but the ball went straight to the boundary missing second WC Shailendra. All in all, it was lot of fun playing cricket with Juniors, friends, seniors after a long time (as I missed last years Anniversary Cup Cricket).

As the Cricket match finished at four fifteen, It all came to me that there was the biggest International Football happening with FIFA head Sepp Blatter in our own k-town and I am not there!!.. No....this is not going to happen without me. Then I called some friends if they could manage tickets in this last minute, but they couldn't as they were already inside the Dasarath Rangashala Stadium. Going through the way, I called Keshav as I knew he was gonna be there for operating the Mobile BTS Van. After Buying Lays, chocolate and water, I went towards the back-side of Army Headquarter where NT Mobile BTS van was placed with Keshav, Shivaraj dai and other people watching the match from the top of the van and being vigilant if something goes wrong with the Mobile Van and BTS. I climbed to the top where there was the most spectacular view of the whole stadium full of Nepali People. As I just reached to the top, our national song "sayau thunga" started playing which I managed to take the video. Disappointed with the early goal by Palestine, and Nepal playing well but lagging in the finishing touch for the goal, I had very little hope of winning the match but was cheering Nepal from my heart. Loosing 2 nil, day fatigues all came to me and all I needed was food and sleep.
Dasarath Rangashala Stadium


0 comments

Post a Comment