Mar 23, 2012

Everyone in this industry wants to be Hero/Heroine: Takme Buda

Wilson Bikram Rai (also known to many as Takme buda) is an actor/comedian who has got lot of potential in Nepali Film Industry. Though introduced to this field many years ago as a child actor, his movie (first movie with a lead role) "Sayad" is releasing this Baishak. With the comedy acts like Bisexual role in Tito Satya, Takme Buda in Meri Bassai, and this latest act, he has proved he can play any sort of character. Here is how I put the Interview.
 RDMAN: I would like to start this conversation like this..
lakhe hai...sebarau...haina yo manche ta takme buda jasto cha ta hau...ha buda bhaneko ta kasto young jasto po cha hai...
lakhe hai....tapai ko janma kati saal ma bhayeko thyo...19fontain ki 19senten ki kati?
 WILSON: Sebarau.....hahahaha tyo mero 19sintin lakhe lakhe paryo.... (laughs)

RDMAN: How is this character "Takme Buda" created?
WILSON: Especially in east Nepal (purba), people (retired ones) used to go to parties, marriage ceremonies,other functions with the medals attached in their clothes. I used to see them keenly and I have made a character out of it, which is also in my youtube channel "thewilsonbikramshow". Then it was just a story telling character  but later improvised with the real gate up.

RDMAN: So you,yourself, khud, afaile generated this character?
WILSON: Exactly!

RDMAN: You were also popular with the bisexual character in Tito Satya, tell me how it came up?
WILSON: I was actually a chorus dancer before and used to do some caricature as well. I have long story to tell with my struggle, but people they tell "you are so hit overnight" and I don't even bother to tell them all the struggles before. About the character, during my classical dance lessons in Siliguri from my Guru, he was sort of Bisexual with his accent, styles and I used to mock him several times. 
Actually I was meant to do another character in Tito Satya, but due to rain we had to stop for sometime in the shooting spot and I took the pleasure of having fun with the same caricature which clicked director's mind to change the whole written role then. This is how this "hichada" role came up.

RDMAN: You are such a dynamic actor. I am also a fan of yours....have you done any formal acting training? 
WILSON:Thank you for saying that....Nope never for acting. I have taken such for dance but not for acting. May be acting is there in my blood.

RDMAN: How long you are here in this field? When were you introduced to this field?
WILSON: I was introduced to this field as a child actor in the movie "Saathi" starring Rajesh Hamal and a dog. I was given just a closeup shot ( but u could recognise me there). That was my first movie. Then I did another movie "Pardesi" again starring Rajesh Hamal. I was not mentioned anywhere in "Saathi", but I walked 10 days together with the crew for that single shot. I would also like to share a story with it, people in my village (Birtamod,Jhapa) all knew that I acted in a movie, even my 'baba' (father) went with all his friends to watch the movie, but with just a single frame appearance of me, he bit me back home telling even dog has longer role than you, dog was all over the movie and you were there shown just a single time. So he asked me not to play movie later....(laughs)

RDMAN: What was your aim when you were small? 
WILSON: I did not want to be comedian. I wanted to be hero, a lead actor and dancer as well.But here the problem is, people with tiny eyes are not taken as a hero before. Now some wind of change is coming with the mangolian people starring as a lead role like Dayahang Rai, Neema Rumba. So there comes a time in everyone's mind when they want to be hero. Everybody in this industry wants to be hero/heroine (lead actress) but later they turn up doing other things like Director, Story writer, Cameraman, Hair dresser, Beautician etc.

RDMAN: Tell me about your new Movie "Sayad", story, crew?
WILSON: Sayad is about the generation gap that exists between the elder people and the younger ones (+2 level generation). Today all these youngsters are equipped with everything they need, but also they are not in the right track which bothers the elder people. Movie also shows how these youngsters end up in drug addiction and the problem they create in society, family with the theme "what if" that thing was not there, what if I was not there like that. With a very new style and fast pace (not like common Nepali movies), every element in it proves to be a promising movie for young generation.

RDMAN: What about the actors on it?
WILSON: Actor Samyam Puri, son of Director Narayan Puri is in lead role and after that me, Dinesh Rawal, Anita Dahal are there to play the teenagers role. There are other established Senior Artists as well, but not in the lead role.


RDMAN: I have also heard a news that someone from Bollywood has bought the movie to make it in Hindhi and Bangali, tell me details?
WILSON: Yes you are right, He has bought the movie in NRs. 45 lakhs and we are going to act in the hindi, bengai version together with the established Bollywood actors/actresses.

RDMAN: So this movie is gonna be a giant leap for you with three times the opportunity... Congratulations
WILSON: Yes...thank you.

RDMAN: Any new projects coming up besides "Sayad"?
WILSON: I have just completed shooting "Facebook", then will be doing its dubbing. Facebook, a Nepali movie is also different from common Nepali Cinema. I am looking some projects but have not got time to do it now.
                                    
 
RDMAN: What kind of movie you will be looking forward to?
WILSON: I would like to do simple kind of story that is near to real world. That has much realistic sequences in it which makes people believe that this kinda thing may happen in our own surroundings.
RDMAN: What about the kind of role as actor you want to play? Is it comedy acts or ?
WILSON: Its not that I want to do comedy acts only and also play only as a lead role. I will first see the story, then my character. There must be something in my role even as a side role.

RDMAN: Tell me abt your youtube channel. Is that your own Youtube channel? How about making a program of the same name in TV.. I think it works.
WILSON: One friend of mine, Lex Limbu (Popular IT person in Europe) approached me after watching trial show of Sayad. He told me he liked my role as "Korean Farsi". Then he interviewed me as an upcoming actor and discussed about the Nepali movie. I was like doing a comic act just for fun in the interview, then he opened a youtube channel with the name "thewilsonbikramshow' from which i am being known to many.
About TV show, there are some offers from some TV channels and I am also mentally prepared for this. But I am very much busy with current works. I am thinking more of a talk show like "Movers and shakers" by Shekhar Suman with talk show and jokes, caricatures in between. 

RDMAN: Loot and Chapali Height created history in Nepali cinema. Have you watched both?
WILSON: I have watched the movie LOOT but have not got time to see Chapali. It's good that Nepali movies are breaking records, all people in this field are happy of this.

RDMAN: What other things do you do besides your work?
WILSON: Me being an actor, is always looking for a character that people likes. So, its like I am always in hunt of a character.

RDMAN: Do you want yourself to be known as Comedian, OR just an actor who can do any sort of acting?
WILSON: Just as an actor.

RDMAN: How easy is it to make people laugh?
WILSON: For a comedian, it is his/her job to make people laugh. So it's easy for me. But sometimes you feel your feet doing just that. That happened when I was performing in Sixth National Game in front of Our PM (BRB) and whole mass. I had to entertain them without any limitations and I think creativity comes always without bounds but you feel awkward at times. But I survived entertaining people and BRB to the fullest, remixing one joke with sports.


RDMAN: Lets play a small game... I will give you two names. you have to select one of them.
Tito Satya ki Jire Khursani      : Tito Satya
Cricket ki Football:                 : Football
Loot ki Chapali height             : Loot ( its only because I have watched it).
Rekha Thapa ki Namrata Shrestha   : Rekha Thapa.
Rajesh Hamal ki Saugat malla.         : Obviously Rajesh Hamal.
Tulsi ghimire ki Suraj subba.            : Suraj Subba.
Facebook ki Twitter                       : Facebook
Gagan Thapa ki Prakash dahal.         : Gagan Thapa
Local Raksi ki Scotch                     : (Sorry I don't drink).
Hollywood ki Bollywood                 : Bollywood
Udreko choli ki Gunyu Choli.         : Gunyu Choli.

Wow!!! I had loads of fun doing this interview with Takme Buda, Wilson Rai. And I would like to highly acknowledge him for this. It's good that young people are coming with some good movies which he believes, is a turning point in the industry.
Lets promote Nepali Cinema.

0 comments

Post a Comment