Mar 15, 2012

Fingers crossed for Chapali, limitless for hollywood: Beenita

I wanted to interview actor/actress from Nepal but was in dilemma where to start with. Today I got a break to interview Beenita Baral, actress from the movie "Chapali Height" that is going to release from tomorrow. Let's go Straight to the Interview.


Rdman: "Chapali height" is creating a lot of hype here, why do you think it has gained so much popularity? What do you think that's in the movie which makes it go straight to win Nepalese heart?
Beenita: The reason behind Chapali Height popularity is the strong content/subject of the movie and the sensitive issue of sexual psychology which has never been used in Nepali film industry. Also the controversies that came along with the movie, adds up the heat. And the recent turning of the trend in Nepali movie puts "Chapali height" favorite among the targeted adult audience and this movie is a portrayal of current Nepali youth status mind. Hence I am sure it's gonna win the heart of Nepali adult audience.


Rdman: People say the controversy created with you being nude in the movie poster is a complete set-up. Do you agree. what do you have to say to them?
Beenita: People always tell things easily. But people should think why a person puts his/her personal and professional life in risk to get that attention. So-called topless controversy could have created limbo in my personal and professional life. But somehow I managed it for good.

Rdman: This is your first movie and you are getting a lot of attention in Nepali Film Industry now. What kind of cinema you will be looking for the next project before any response from Chapali Height?
Beenita: I am reading some scripts but I am not going to sign any project before feedback from Chapali height hits my ear which will drive me to go right way in  my career. Though I am very unknown of what kind of movie and character will that be, I am sure I am gonna do challenging work and something different from the usual way.

Rdman: What do you think is the main thing for a film to be a hit?
Beenita: Main thing is the content/subject of the movie which is the base of a movie. Another thing is presentation which has to go with the living standard, thinking style and the technological advancement in people. People want new concept/logic in a movie which they expect to be like the one from Foreign movies. Though We wont be able to meet all the advancements like them, creativity counts and people love creative works in cinema.

Rdman: How often do you watch foreign movies(Hollywood, Bollywood)?
Beenita: I watch movies a lot. I am a genuine viewer of Nepali cinema and I am too updated with the latest foreign movies.

Rdman: What do you have to say for the poster copied from the Hollywood movie "Basic Instinct".
Beenita: We have already admitted the copy and this is done intentionally. Being an actress, my part is to do good with my performance, so it would be better if you ask director or producer.

Rdman:Which is your favorite Nepali film of all time?
Beenita: Mmmmmm.....Loot is my favorite movie...now..


Rdman: That was supposed to be my next question (laughs)...but anyways I put it here.
Have you watched the movie LOOT. Why do you think it became a super duper hit?
Beenita: Obviously everyone has watched it, and how could I be different.
Different presentation, style, enthusiastic and energetic new generation in the movie made it go a superduper hit. Everyone has done their job perfectly in LOOT like Director, Actors don't have a single flaw in it. Also It has shown reality with the thug styles and dialogues in the movie. That's why Loot is the best.

Rdman: Who is your favorite actor actress of all time?
Beenita: Everybody has done great job in Nepali Movies. So all are my favorites. I won't be biased to name just one or two.

Rdman: What about actor/actress from foreign movie land?
Beenita: Vidya Balan is my favorite actress from Bollywood.

Rdman: Did you watch the silent movie "The Artist" that won 5 Oscars this year?
Beenita: No I haven't got time to watch the movie, but I know it has won such prestigious award. I am gonna watch it for sure.

Rdman: I think "Sani Sani" Music video has made you come this long, tell me something about it and Are you going to do other music videos in near future?
Beenita: Yes "Sani Sani" Video has established me in modeling. That time I was known by the tag "Sani girl", and now I am being known with the name "Chapali Girl". I am happy that I am able to put all myself in the character such that people call me with my works.
And regarding music videos, I will be doing more of movies than music videos,(I guess)
Beenita Baral

Rdman: Would you go nude in a Hollywood movie (if offered)?
Beenita: If I can go out of bounds to do a movie like such here in Nepal, then for a Hollywood offer (being a dream come true to many) I would go limitless to justify my character.

Rdman: So this wraps up my questions. Thank you so much for giving me time from your busy schedule. Some last words about your movie releasing tomorrow. And hope everything works out tomorrow, wish for the best.
Beenita: I have tried my best to put up new things in the movie along with all youngster crew. So I request all people to watch, do the analysis, and give feedback/comments so that it will help us (emerging actors) and our very own industry grow.

6 comments

kchapagain March 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM

ke ho Dulal, journalism pani suru garyau ki kya ho? Anyways nice interview!

RDMAN March 16, 2012 at 8:42 AM

thank you yaar.....j aucha agadi tyahi gardai ho aile lai...tara telecom ra entertainment ko theme ma.

Lokendra Badu March 16, 2012 at 11:44 AM

nice job buddy

Paneru March 16, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Very nice interview..Only thing lacking is the images of "miss Chapali" as you r a better photographer along with an "emerging" journalist.
Aba RD sir nai Chapali height ko marketing ma lage pachhi ta film pani abasya hernai paryo ni..

RDMAN March 17, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Thank you buddy

RDMAN March 17, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Thank you paneru jiu....Next time I am gonna do it with my Camera....Review pani padhera hernu hola ni ta...

Post a Comment