May 22, 2012

'My Ktm' is dieing

My closeness with Kathmandu has never been questioned by myself, like the way I feel today. This is not the Kathmandu I know, I live in, the city I was borne and raised, the city where different ethnic groups, cultures, lingua people from all corners of the country meet up and live in harmony respecting each other.
I had never imagined such day will come in Kathmandu when a small troop of protestors chants slogans against another groups/community in the name of demanding their own states. They even dare to chant to wipe out other community from Kathmandu. With such feelings, I remember all my Newar friends, their culture, Newari functions/parties where I always enjoy being with them and want to know more of the culture, I had never found them to be disrespectful to other communities and their culture. Then who is implanting such ethnic stuffs in people and what is their hidden motives?
Even in social media, I have seen some friends of my friends status and tweets, instigating their own community people to be ready to be killed and kill other communities if their demands are not fulfilled. Also, I have heard of Bahun, Chhetri's young bloods to gather at Baneshwor to protest against the atrocities and words in so called NEFIN protest.
I wonder what will happen if these two protestors meet somewhere. I only see blood and the disruption of social cohesion that no one had ever imagined to happen. Is this what these bandh organizers NEFIN, So called 'Civil Society' leaders, and we people want in your country? Finger also points to senior leaders of political parties esp.(Prachanda, PM, Gacchadhar), why your government is not taking care of on-going anarchy in the street, slogans to disrupt social integrity and security of media personnel not guaranteed. 
This is all conspiracy of handful so-called leaders to achieve momentary benefits and it won't be sustainable.
But no matter Constitution is promulgated within 5 days time or not and with or w/o ethnicity base federalism, I am not positive of no additional such protest to happen with the current scenario, as there is no any significant address from political parties, Civil society leaders and other Educated people. I have not seen any good remarks from elites that can make significant change in people's mind and maintain harmony. I see them divided by their castes, ethnicity and their own benefits.  'My Ktm' is dieing, can anyone save it from the inevitable chaos!!!

0 comments

Post a Comment