Mar 12, 2013

I have no regrets for rejecting any film: Reecha Sharma

Its been a while since I have taken Interview of Nepali Celebrity esp Nepali actors. Today I am here to post an interview with the most popular Actress Reecha Sharma which was taken some days back. Reecha Sharma started her career through music video, then stepped into television (Image Channel) and then ultimately into acting career. Her first movie was "First Love" and recently she has finished the shooting of her sixth movie named "Uma". She even acted in a television series "Hamro Team" directed by Bhusan Dahal that was aired on Kantipur television. Here is the how I have taken interview with her, who is currently in France for an acting Workshop.

RDMAN: How is the workshop going with you? Are you the only one there from Nepal? 
Reecha: Its going good till now, I am learning new dimensions of acting here. And the big thing is our instructor Jack Waltzer who has worked with Roman Polanski, Dustin Hoffman and Warner Bros. Ya, I am the only one so far.
RDMAN: I heard your new movie "Uma" has already completed shooting, is the post production also completed?
Reecha: No, Post production is on and the team has just launched a promotional song for the movie- SIRI MA SIRI by Abhaya and the steam injuns.

RDMAN: Tell me something about the movie "Uma".
Reecha: Well, the movie is based on the story that happens in the decade long conflict in our country. But its not limited to that only, the movie also depicts the conflict relationship between a brother and a sister in a family.
RDMAN: Are you in the lead role, and who others have acted in it?
Reecha: Saugat Malla, Mithila Sharma, Dayahang Rai, Srijana Subba and many other theatre artists like Pravin Kathiwoda have acted in the movie.
RDMAN: How do you feel about the current scenario of Nepali Film Industry, do you think it's going good?
Reecha: Its ok, not that bad but the culture of watching Nepali films is not well rooted in people. Movies are being made back to back but still not more than 2 percent of Nepali people watch nepali movies regularly. Technically we are bit ahead but we lack the narration of story to the audience.
RDMAN: So how can we drag audiences to cinema theaters?
Reecha:  "Loot" has already proved that if you make a good movie, audience will definitely go watch it. So we need to do more of such experimental movies and make new genre establish in Nepali cinema industry.
RDMAN: If you listen to the Nepali movie reviewers, it seems like none of the movie is worth watching, what do you have to say on this?
Reecha: For me, those mainstream reviewers are mere audience and I don't count their words as a review as most of them are so biased.  I would love to listen to a normal audience who pays and watch Nepali movies, than those journalists.
RDMAN: What are your future projects, are you coming up with any new feature?
Reecha: Frankly speaking, there ain't much offers to me now, first let me do with this workshop and there is one project under discussion. So, hope I will do it.


RDMAN: What are your selection criteria for movies or do you take all?
Reecha: Last year, I had many offers of which I only did "Visa Girl" and Uma. If the script impress me enough, then only I will do the movie. This year, less offers are coming but better ones, so basically its the same. I think if you do single movie that puts you and your character in peoples head, then its a great achievement.

RDMAN: Specifically, what do you see for selection, is it the story as a whole or just your role in selecting a movie?
Reecha:  I see both story and my character. I have this notion that if my character is deleted from the movie and the film is incomplete, then only I take the offer but I have no regrets for rejecting any film.
RDMAN: What about the technicalities of a movie(like camera), do you see that also affects our cinema industry?
Reecha: Yes that matters a lot in a film making process but we have used normal DSLR camera in making a good feature movie. 
RDMAN: Do you have any future plan for making a movie yourself?
Reecha: No I have not thought of it, now i am just into acting and I will think of film making after doing at least 20 films.
RDMAN:  Lastly, Where do you foresee Nepali cinema industry in coming 5 years? And do you forecast any movie up for OSCARS by that time?
Reecha: I see it will be pretty up in that time as its growing movie by movie. But now I don't see any of those in the OSCAR by that time.

0 comments

Post a Comment